HOW TO: Change PowerApps OwnerAugust 12, 2019
Connect XrmToolBox To Common Data Service (CDS) DataAugust 21, 2019
In this video I demonstrate how to secure and share Canvas PowerApps that use the Common Data Service (CDS) 2.0 data source.
The following topics are discussed and demonstrated:
- How to interpret and troubleshoot CDS entity permission errors.
- How to share Canvas PowerApps that use CDS data sources.
- How to create custom CDS security roles.
- How to specify CDS Entity access permissions in CDS security roles.
- How to apply custom CDS security roles to users when sharing PowerApps.
- How to connect the XrmToolBox to a CDS instance.
- How to use the XrmToolBox to view what security roles are applied to a user.
- How to use the XrmToolBox to change what security roles are applied to a user.
- How to package CDS security roles in PowerApps Solutions.
If you are getting an error that looks similar to the one you see below, then this video can help you fix it!
You don’t have permission to view this data. Server Response: Principal user (Id=, type=8, roleCount=1, privilegeCount=405, accessMode=0, is missing prvRead privilege (Id=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx) on OTC=10043. context.Caller=